Type: Full Time & Part Time
Salary Range: $50k – $85K
Edway Labour Hire is continuously looking for Carpenters for our clients and we currently have several positions available in NSW and VIC. We are looking for a qualified Carpenters to cut, fabricate and install wooden and other structures according to specifications.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Measure and mark cutting lines on materials, using ruler, pencil, chalk, and marking gauge
- Shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines
- Study specifications in, sketches or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required
- Assemble and fasten materials to make framework or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue.
- Build or repair cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, and other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, carpenter’s hand tools, and power tools
- Nailing fascia, sheathing roofs, fitting exterior wall cladding and door and window frames
- Erect scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level
- Remove damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools
- Order and select timber and materials and prepare layouts
- Years of Experience: 1-2 years of relevant practical professional experience
- Education: At least a certificate level of Education
- problem-solving skills
- Math skills as you may use basic math skills every day, they need to be able to calculate volume and measure materials to be cut
- Problem-solving skills. Because all construction jobs vary, must adjust project plans accordingly
If this sounds like the right role for you, please apply to this advert with an up to date copy of your CV. Only successful candidates will be contacted and if you are deemed unsuitable for this specific role your details will be kept in case more suitable roles arise in the near future.