Type: Full Time & Part-time
Salary Range: $45K – $70K
Edway Labour Hire is continuously looking for Cooks for our clients and we currently have several positions available in NSW and VIC. We are looking for a qualified Cooks who is responsible for producing and presenting well-prepared food while keeping high sanitation standards in check.
The Responsibilities will include:
- Monitor and complete food ordering, intake and inspection of delivered items, as well as the monthly supervision of food inventory
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards
- Order or requisition food or other supplies required for the restaurant
- Hire and train kitchen cooks, and assign tasks to run the operations efficiently
- Prepare meals up to standards and expectations.
- Organize and customized daily food and beverage menus according to customer’s preference
- Complete the calculation of the monthly meal count, maintained cleanliness of the entire kitchen, equipment, and operating machinery.
- Responsible for preparation, completion and distribution of menu items
- Maintain stock levels specification for consumption
- Monitor and ensure food was refrigerated and rotated stock supply according to package date
- Clean and sanitize all cooking surfaces and machinery per sanitation guidelines
Qualification & Experience
- Years of Experience: 1-2 years of relevant practical professional experience
- Education: At least a certificate level of qualification
Other skills & Knowledge
- Track record of supervising kitchen and wait staff effectively
- Highly skilled in cooking and preparing a variety of cuisines
- Excellent business acumen and customer service orientation
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Dedicated to food quality and control
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation standards
Kindly include your current Australian visa type and relevant qualifications and experience regarding this job advertisement Please note successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment background checks, including a comprehensive medical and drug & alcohol test. Only successful applicants will be contacted.