Type: Full Time & Part Time
Salary Range: $55K – $70K
Edway Labour Hire is continuously looking for Glaziers for our clients and we currently have several positions available in NSW and VIC. As a fully qualified Glazier, you will be carrying out planned and reactive maintenance, site inspections / routine checks and provide fault finding.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Fabricate or install metal sashes or moldings for glass installation, using aluminum or steel framing
- Confer with customers to determine project requirements or to provide cost estimates
- Select the type or color of glass or mirror according to specifications.
- Fasten glass panes into wood sashes or frames with clips, points, or moldings, adding weather seals or putty around pane edges to seal joints
- Prepare glass for cutting by resting it on rack edges or against cutting tables and brushing
- Measure and mark outlines or patterns on glass to indicate cutting lines
- Cut, fit, install, repair, or replace glass or glass substitutes, such as plastic or aluminum, in building interiors or exteriors or in furniture or other products
- Set glass doors into frames and bolt metal hinges, handles, locks, or other hardware to attach doors to frames and walls.
- Measure mirrors and dimensions of areas to be covered to determine work procedures
- Load and arrange glass or mirrors onto delivery trucks, using suction cups or cranes to lift glass
- Operate cranes or hoists with suction cups to lift large, heavy pieces of glass
- Preparing surfaces to be painted etc. by removing old wallpaper and paint, repairing woodwork, filling holes to smooth surfaces
- Years of Experience: 1-2 years of relevant practical professional experience
- Education: At least a certificate level of Education
- Be fully equipped with tools
- the skills to read, write and communicate verbally
- the physical strength and stamina required to work with heavy glass materials.
- Extensive knowledge of OH&S requirements and safety regulations
If this sounds like the right role for you, please apply to this advert with an up to date copy of your CV. Only successful candidates will be contacted and if you are deemed unsuitable for this specific role your details will be kept in case more suitable roles arise in the near future.