Type: Full Time & Part Time
Salary Range: $60k – $90K
Edway Labour Hire is continuously looking for Lift Mechanics for our clients and we currently have several positions available in NSW and VIC. We are seeking fully qualified Lift Mechanic who designs, installs, maintains, services and repairs of electric and hydraulic passenger and freight lifts, escalators, moving walkways and other lift equipment and is familiar with a wide range of commercial products and their controls
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Assemble, install, repair, and maintain, lifts, elevators, escalators and moving sidewalks, using hand and power tools
- Check that safety regulations and building codes are met, and complete service reports verifying conformance to standards
- Locate malfunctions in brakes, motors, switches, and signal and control systems, using test equipment.
- Test newly installed equipment to ensure that it meets specifications, such as stopping at floors for set amounts of time
- Connect electrical wiring to control panels and electric motors
- Read and interpret blueprints to determine the layout of system components, frameworks, and foundations, and to select installation equipment
- Adjust safety controls, counterweights, door mechanisms, and components such as valves, ratchets, seals, and brake linings.
- Disassemble defective units, and repair or replace parts such as locks, gears, cables, and electric wiring
- Operate elevators to determine power demand
- Years of Experience: 2-3 years of relevant practical professional experience
- Education: At least a certificate level of Education
- Comprehensive knowledge of techniques & methods of repairing and maintaining Lifts
- Skilled in maintaining and repairing lifts and related equipment
- Extensive knowledge of OH&S requirements and safety regulations
- Proven ability to work on a project for a lengthy period
If this sounds like the right role for you, please apply to this advert with an up to date copy of your CV. Only successful candidates will be contacted and if you are deemed unsuitable for this specific role your details will be kept in case more suitable roles arise in the near future.